ymca Preschool & VPK
Our preschool is characterized by warmth, personal respect, positive support and responsiveness. We’re here to support and assist parents, to strengthen parent-child relationships, and to stress the importance of the family unit.
Our curriculum emphasizes the four key areas of development: cognitive, social, emotional and physical through developmentally appropriate experiences.
Learning centers and experiences include:
- Imaginative play
- Language and literacy skill development
- Small and large motor development
- Science, inquiry and problem solving skills development
- Art, music and connectivity
- Sensory development
Please visit us any time to tour our preschools, meet our teachers and talk about our curriculum. We also offer special preschool swim lessons, gymnastics lessons and numerous other programs to help your child develop their motor skills to the fullest potential.
The centers serve children ages 6 weeks to 12 months. It is at the discretion of the center and parents when the child is developmentally ready to move up to the toddler room after turning 12 months.
Our infant care program schedule is based on your child’s needs and home schedule. We work with families to coordinate schedules between home and school to make your child’s stay with us positive.
The toddler centers serve children ages 12 months to 24 months. Our program is an active play program that offers learning through play in a teacher initiated/child initiated setting.
The preschool centers serve children ages 2 years to kindergarten. Our preschools are proud to provide caring role models and age appropriate experiences that nurture your child’s growth, encourage positive behavior and help them to develop a strong sense of right and wrong.
Our YMCA is a proud participant of Florida’s Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program at both our Venice YMCA and Englewood YMCA locations.
To apply for a VPK certificate, contact, Early Learning Coalition Center, 941.556.1600 www.vpkflorida.com
Once you receive your certificate from the Coalition, bring it to the YMCA Preschool to enroll.
- 701 Center Road, Venice, FL 34285
- Call: 492-9622 x135 or 941.375.9122
- Fees are based on membership status and income level.
- License Number 58-51-00125
- SKY Academy – 881 S. River Road, Englewood
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:30am-12:30pm Free Lunch Included!
- Optional Wrap: Mon-Fri 7:30am-6pm $80/week (includes lunch & snack)
- Call: (941) 475-1234
- Informacion disponible en Español llamen a Amy Morales 941-525-2362