GYMNASTICS AT THE YMCA
Children enrolled in YMCA gymnastics learn the power of their own bodies and perserverance, as well as the support of a team.
We provide quality instruction, fun first, and safety always. All athletes are encouraged to develop their skills in balance, coordination, flexibility, and strength of body and mind in a safe and nurturing environment that encourages the enjoyment of physical activity, self-confidence, and excellence in the sport of gymnastics. More info: Debbie Kotti 941-375-9121
|45 minute Class||$42/month||$58/month|
|1 hour Class||$50/month||$66/month|
* Multi-Class Discount: $20 off second class per child
- Age 18-36 months: Tots learn with the help of our instructors and their parents to follow directions, improve balance, develop gross motor skills, gain strength and self-confidence.
- Day/time: Friday 10:15-11:00, Saturday 9:15-10:00
- Age 3-5 years: Children learn to develop their balance, coordination, and body awareness while being introduced to the basic fundamental skills in gymnastics.
- Day/time: Monday 6:15-7:00, Tuesday 9:15-10:00, Thursday 5:15-6:00, Friday 9:15-10:00, Saturday 10:15-11:00
- Age 5-6 years (Kindergarten Only)
- Transitioning from preschool to instructional gymnastics, children learn basic gymnastics skills while developing strength and flexibility.
- Day/time: Tuesday 6:00-7:00, Thursday 4:00-5:00
- Age 6-8 years
- Class designed for basic gymnastics instruction to build on their learned gymnastics skills while gaining strength and flexibility while progressing at their own pace.
- Day/time: Monday 4:00-5:00, Thursday 5:00-6:00
- Age 8 and up
- Class designed for gymnasts with prior gymnastics experience, challenging them to learn more advanced skills and technical development.
- Day/time: Monday 4:00-5:00, 5:00-6:00, Thursday 6:00-7:00
- 5-8th grd only: Monday 6:00-7:00, Tuesday 6:00-7:00
NEW! Ninja Challenge
Open to boys & girls. We offer an obstacle course based class that incorporates basic gymnastics skills, strength, conditioning and flexibility. Standard gymnastics equipment including vault, bars, rings, trampoline as well as mats, ropes and ladders.
- Mini Ninjas –Grade 1-4th- Day/time: Monday 5:00-6:00
- Jr. Ninjas –Grade 5-8th- Day/time: Thursday 5:30-6:30
Boys Only Gymnastics
- Instructional– Age 6-10 years
- Boys will learn all the basic gymnastics skills and technique on floor, vault, and bars with the introduction to pommel horse and rings. Class is designed to increase strength and flexibility while enforcing basic form and technique.
- Day/time: Wednesday 4:00-5:00
- Instructional– Age 18 years and up
- Whether you’re a former gymnast or just always wanted to be one, drop in to our adult class for instructional gymnastics for all levels. Also a great way to increase agility, strength and flexibility.
- Day/time: Thursday evenings 7:00-8:00
- *Cost: $15 drop-in rate
Gymnastics Open Gym
Open to everyone grades K-8th.All children are welcome to join us for gymnastics fun. Great opportunity to practice gymnastics and tumbling skills or just have some fun in a supervised, non-instructional setting that is offered two Fridays a month. Waivers must be signed by a parent prior to participating.
Day/time: Friday 7:00-9:00 Cost: $10 mbr / $15 nmbr
See dates below for 2016-2017 school year:
September 16 December 2 March 10
September 30 December 16 March 24
October 14 January 6 April 7
October 28 January 20 April 28
November 4 February10 May 12
November 18 February 24 May 26
No School Day Camps
Childcare for Sarasota County no school days. Gymnastics camps will be held throughout the school year on those days Sarasota county schools are closed. Camp is offered from 7:00am-6:00pm in the gymnastics center. Pre-registration is required prior to attending.
Cost: $24 per day mbrs / $36 per day nmbrs
See dates below for 2016-2017 school year:
Monday, October 24
Wednesday, November 23
Monday, December 19 - Friday, December 23
Monday, December 26 - Monday, January 2
Monday, January 16
Tuesday, January 17
Monday, February 20
Monday, March 13 - Friday, March 17
Monday, April 3
30 minutes $30mbr/ $45nmbr
45 minutes $45mbr/ $67.50nmbr
60 minutes $60mbr/ $90nmbr
Call the office for staff availability
Our gymnastics program provides a fun, structured after-school environment that incorporates physical activity every day for grades K-8th. We offer 1 hour of instructional gymnastics, rock climbing, swimming, and a fun fitness class with full equipment that will build your child’s cardio and strength fitness as well as their self-esteem and confidence. All activities are child friendly and appropriate for their age and physical ability. Fun games and other activities will also be a part of the daily instruction as well as homework assistance if needed.
- STARTS: Monday, August 22, 2016 through Tuesday, June 6, 2017 (Sarasota County Schools). *Gymnastics Center is closed Friday, November 25 & YMCA is closed Friday, April 14 in observance of Good Friday.
- AGE: GRADE K - 8
- COST: SCHOOL YEAR -INCLUDES NO SCHOOL DAYS & HOLIDAYS BREAKS $245MBR / $295 NMBR PER MONTH. Monthly fee includes all no school days*, holiday breaks, and transportation from most schools. Homework assistance, games, and craft activities will also be part of our program.
Come celebrate your birthday at the Venice YMCA with a gymnastics party. Our birthday package includes a bounce house, in ground foam pit and trampoline, gymnastics obstacle course, party room, and balloons for everyone!
- Parties available on Saturdays & Sundays
- Parties are 1 hour and 45 minutes long
- Time slots range from 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Cost is $125/mbrs and $185/nmbrs
- Cost covers up to 12 children
For more party details and availability, call Debbie Kotti: 941-375-9121
Contact: Debbie Kotti, 941-375-9121
- FALL: August 30 - November 15
- WINTER: November 29 - February 28
- SPRING: March 7 - May 23
- Age 3-5 years as of Sept. 1, 2016
- Gymnastics allows the children to development gross motor skills, sensory exploration, body awareness, and listening skills. Children will learn basic skill progressions and learn life skills of taking turns, waiting in line, and following instruction in a group setting. This class meets for 45 minutes, once per week.
- Class Day/Time: Tuesday 5:30 - 6:15 (3-5 yrs)
- Cost: $106 MBR / $155 NMBR per session
Instructional Gymnastics for boys & girls
- Grades 1st- 8th
- Children will learn basic fundamental skills and techniques. They will learn rolls, handstands, cartwheels, and many other basics. We also work to increase strength, flexibility, body control, and coordination while building self-confidence. These classes meet for 1 hour, once per week.
- Class Day/Time: Tuesday 6:30 K - 3rd grade
- Tuesday 7:30 4th - 8th grade
- Cost: $124 MBR / $182 NMBR per session
GYMNASTICS…Learn new skills, make new friends and have a great time! This class is about improving children’s athletic skills while emphasizing the development of self confidence and helping your child develop their potential.
There will be two 3-week sessions, both held on Tuesday afternoons. There is a 3 to 6 year old group and a 7 to 17 year old group. For more information, call (239) 275-9622.